1) "Hello Lady" is not what you expect a friend* to say upon seeing you at the Panera.
2) I ordered new eyeglasses and am getting impatient because they are not in yet. The frames are purple, but not excessively so.
3) New haircut today, and it is shorter than usual, but it works as long as I cover my now exposed ears every time I think about stepping out into the frozen tundra.
4) Connor is home until Sunday and Griffin is snowboarding New Hampshire until tomorrow and this makes for a quiet house.
5) I may have been Ponzi-ed/Madoff-ed, but I doubt I will ever be able to talk about it in public.
6) Knitting a sweater in moss stitch with DK weight yarn takes a lot of time, but you knew that.
7) Sleeves that start with 10" around the cuff might result in ripping the entire thing rather than reworking the sleeves.
8) Cookie sent socks!:
Toe up, ribbed foot and cuff, knit from yarn I sent her that was caked in a strange, angry mess. She is that good, anyone else would have sent the yarn right back.
GooseGirl socks, with the same cables from the mitts she sent me. The yarn is a fabulous Regia product and I must go see if the shop has other colors.
9) Cleaned another closet (this house has 12 closets) and found a bunch of skirts, my late MIL's wedding gown and a fabulous black jersey dress that I wore once in 2005. It has good fabric, a great (and modest) neckline and 3/4 length sleeves - everything I love in a dress - I almost said "Hello Lady" when I found it.
10) I also found a size 10 PETITE jacket with the tags on it. Does that sound familiar? I have no idea.
11) I have been restocking the shop and will continue to do so. The knee and everything else is about as good as it ever will be**, so it is time and it feels good.
12) Still haven't set eyes on the new neighbors, that feels even better.
* Male, good friends with both him and the wife, but not that good of friends.
** That's not saying much, but I have scheduled another round of knee injections for late March to see if I can buy some time.