1) I just realized that I need to pick up the pace in finishing a little scarf that I have been mostly ignoring. It's a gift and I need it done, blocked and wrapped by Sunday.
2) The awning is up and balance restored to this house, but the three phone calls and the snarky install crew have left me wondering if I'm sticking with the same takedown/storage folks next Fall.
3) Yesterday, Bill cut out the concrete portions of the deck to access the pool leaks. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I'm trusting the process. He did discover that the skimmer box is leaking (I knew it, I knew it) and now we wait for that replacement and the deluxe piping to arrive.
4) However, the pool is clean, filtering and swimmable.
5) However, it was about 40 degrees this morning, so not so much.
6) Griff is continuing to settle back into living here again. His friends are in and out, meal times are pretty fluid and while I love having him home, I need to get used to the late day conversations again and the volume of laundry. He starts a job on Friday, that should help bring the routine I crave.
7) Still no Boston apartment for Connor. I'm deflecting a lot of my frustration about this onto every single other glitchy thing. I must work on this.
8) Logistics for the commencement are not quite in line either. My sister and Mom may not have as much time for a visit as we had hoped. Connor has his CT scan on the day after, plus it's Gary's birthday.
9) A few nights ago, I saw something moving through the tree in our neighbor's yard. It turned out to be a very large group of feral cats. The town is helping deal with them, but this is the first time I have had sympathy for the rabbits who (due to the high level of snow) ate the tops of everything in my yard.
10) Had to skip my run on Monday because of busy. Ran happy and calm yesterday and then walked and walked because it was cooler and quiet at the park. I'm varying the time I go, to fit everything else in and found myself at my favorite part of the creek, just as the light was starting to change, so I stopped a second to take a photo: