1) Gary is going to be okay, but the next month or so will be very difficult. I will probably disappear from blogging as things progress. Don't worry, the plans are good and experts are in place.
2) I've been dealing with a new post dog bite complication. From what is suspected to be a reaction to the antibiotics (either the first round or the second or all of them together) I have lost my sense of smell. I've been referred around to various docs and nothing functional has been found. It's believed that the antibiotics killed off my olfactory receptors. They are capable of regenerating and that's the hope. I could try steroids to urge things along, but I react badly to them so I will wait it out.
Eating is challenging. Everything tastes flat, sort of like wet cardboard, unless it is ridiculously over seasoned. Hot sauce goes with more things than you would think.
3) My shoulder/neck/arm are much the same. I'm following up and giving it time.
4) The court appearance for the dog owner is scheduled for 5/3. Today I was notified that the dog that bit me was euthanized last week. I don't yet know if this was done voluntarily and I don't know if the other dog is still in the owners possession.
This news really has me twisted up. There is no satisfaction in it, everything about the situation is pitiful. I was not prepared to have to process any more about this now and it feels like an intrusion when I'm trying to keep it together.
5) Tomorrow my eye doc will check to see if the bleeding behind my left eye has resolved. Today I warned the dentist that any bad news will bring ugly tears, it helps that my hygienist has know me for almost 40 years. All was fine.
6) On the good and hopeful side of things, our children were perfectly everything today. Griffin had a great job offer that aligns better with his goals and starts a training program next week. Connor phoned me while walking home from class. I could hear the wind blowing around him and his optimism lifted my spirits. While we spoke, I booked him a trip home the moment he finishes the term.
I'll report in next week and then dim the lights here for awhile.